The philosophy of our herb hotel in Kaltenbach
A love of nature & Tyrol
The grandparents and parents of Michael laid the foundations for our herb hotel in Kaltenbach with the construction of a guesthouse here around 40 years ago. Together with grandma Marie’s private inn, the Platzer family has welcomed many guests to the Zillertal valley over the years.
The changeover of generations and takeover of the business by Elke and Michael in 2017 led to the herb hotel developing further. The hotel was first positioned as a herb hotel with its own herb restaurant some 10 years ago, based on an interest in and passion for herbs and a commitment to offering our guests a unique experience centred around this special theme.
And success has proved it was the right decision: our guests appreciate the friendly atmosphere of the hotel, its close proximity to an attracting skiing and hiking area and our special herb concept for physical and mental well-being. Come and see for yourself!
Recuperation with the power of herbs
We are convinced that nature harbours the most precious treasures of all. And so it is a particular concern for us to provide our guests with an unforgettable holiday in the Zillertal, complete with the power of herbs. Recuperation, well-being, nature and indulgence for the body and soul are our primary focus. Our philosophy is based on four fundamental pillars which our guests live and experience during every moment of their stay at our herb hotel:
What awaits at the
- Newly renovated herb rooms with high quality natural materials
- A relaxing night’s sleep with herb pillows of your choice (relaxation pillows, energising pillows, herb pillows, Alpine stone pine pillows)
- A wide range of hand-picked herbal teas, alcohol-free herbal aperitifs, herb spreads, herb breads and some exceptional herb dishes at our à la carte Restaurant Liebstöckl
- For half-board guests, we serve a 6-course wild herb menu once a week (no supplement payable)
- METZLER Molke natural skincare products in your room
- Therapeutic essential oils from doTERRA
- New sauna infusions every day with highly effective and health-boosting essential oils
- Hotel’s own herb garden with over 70 different herbs
- In summer: guided herb walk with herb expert Gertraud Lentner