Your hiking holiday in the Zillertal valley
Lace up your hiking boots
Discover the mountains on foot: it’s all possible along the approx. 1,400 km of footpaths in the Zillertal Alps. From easy Alpine walks to challenging summit tours, there is something to suit every preference and fitness level here. Thanks to the location of our Kräuterhotel Hochzillertal***S, you can even conquer some peaks straight from the hotel. Our tip: whatever you decide – you can combine your walk with a traditional Tyrolean treat at a mountain lodge.
You can also use the interactive hiking map to plan your next mountain or lodge tour from the comfort of your home.
By the way: our senior partner Josef is a trained mountain and hiking guide and regularly takes our guests to some of the most beautiful spots in the area. Don’t miss this guided walk and ask at reception about the next date.
The secret of herbs
Herb walk with Gertraud Lentner
Delve into the world of herbs with our herb expert Gertraud Lentner and learn all about the modes of operation and natural healing powers of local herbs.
Every Tuesday: Herb walk at the Kräuterhotel Hochzillertal***S
- Introduction to our hotel’s own herb garden
- Walk through the meadows and forests of the surrounding area & pick some healthy herbs
- Back at the hotel, the gathered herbs are prepared to make a tasty salad or light spread for bread
- Various herbs can be used to make a delicious, alcohol-free aperitif which is enjoyed by all participants before their evening meal
- Small gift from the hotel
- Start 9:00, end approx. 12:00
- Register for the herb walk at reception
Our herb expert
Gertraud Lentner is a FNL herb expert in herbology (‘Freunde naturgemässer Lebensweise’ association - Friends of Natural Living) and LFI herb instructor (‘Ländliches Fortbildungsinstitut Tirol’ - Rural Institute for Advanced Training in Tyrol) and as such is qualified to run courses in naturopathy and ointment production as a trainer with the LFI in Tyrol.